Premier holistic medicine practice in Houston, TX.
Address the root cause.
Get truly well.
About KALE functional medicine
Kale Functional Medicine is a premier health and wellness practice located minutes from downtown Houston, Texas. Founded by holistic medicine doctor and board-certified Family Medicine physician Miiko Rowley, MD, the practice focuses on providing holistic care, disease prevention, and treating the root cause of an illness or disease, rather than masking the symptoms.
Join kale functional medicine
in houston, tx and:
Optimize your health
Functional medicine considers all the contributors to your health including genetic and environmental and will give you a personalized treatment plan.
Heal your immune system
If you have an autoimmune disorder like multiple sclerosis, lupus, psoriasis, or rheumatoid arthritis, functional medicine can help.
Heal your gut
Gas, bloating, constipation, or diarrhea may be signs of a growing problem in your gut that could lead to chronic disease. Kale can help.
Treat your thyroid disorder
Chronic fatigue, unplanned weight gain/loss, or hair thinning may be signs of a thyroid disorder. See how functional medicine can help.
What we do
We are different
Doctors now spend less time than ever with patients, in a system that rewards them for a quick visit—NOT for helping the patient get truly well. The conventional model leaves time only to name your set of symptoms with a diagnosis then prescribe a pill for that ill. We can do better. You want to know why you are not well and how you can fix the problem. We can help.
Finding the root cause
At Kale Functional Medicine in Houston, TX, we believe you are our most important patient and you deserve to be heard. Our board-certified MD safely integrates conventional and holistic medicine to treat you as a whole person, not just your set of symptoms. Our integrative approach to your health is a process of determining the root cause of your illness and then creating a Functional Medicine prescription tailored to you.
Benefits to you
Functional Medicine requires lifestyle changes which we will work on with you every step of the way, guided by our core values: compassion, reliability, integrity, respect, and collaboration.
Plans & pricing
- 6 months of care
- 3 doctor visits (Initial comprehensive health assessment including a detailed, personalized functional medicine prescription with 2 updates to track progress)
- 3 health coach consultations (1 may be substituted with acupuncture)
- 5% discount off all supplements, additional doctor visits or health coach consultations during membership
- Access to workshops and support groups for an additional fee
- 12 months of care
- 7 doctor visits (Initial comprehensive health assessment including a detailed, personalized functional medicine prescription with 6 updates to track progress)
- 8 health coach consultations (Up to 4 may be substituted with acupuncture)
- 15% discount off all supplements, additional doctor visits or health coach consultations during membership
- Free access to workshops and support groups
* Recommended for patients with chronic or complex conditions
Upfront payment required for the first 2 months.
Kale accepts debit and credit cards, checks and cash. We do not file patients’ medical insurance. We will be happy to provide a ‘superbill’, which you can submit to your insurance company to request reimbursement.
“To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear.”